Violations Require the Defense of an Atlanta Criminal Attorney
When an inmate is released from jail or prison on parole, he/she will be required to meet regularly with a parole officer and follow all conditions set forth by the parole board. When a parolee does not comply with these conditions, he/she will be charged with a parole violation. Common types of parole violations include:
- Failure to meet with a parole officer
- Failure to submit to random drug tests
- Failing a drug test
- Failing to hold or keep a job
- Associating with criminals
- Loitering or hanging out in banned areas
- Failing to attend court-ordered counseling, rehabilitation, treatment classes, or education workshops
- Failure to complete community service
- Committing another criminal offense
- Failing to pay a court fine or fee
- Failing to appear in court on scheduled date
Your Legal Options
If you have committed a parole violation, the most important thing you can do is contact a seasoned criminal defense attorney. At this point, you are at risk of being sent back to jail and facing a possible penalty enhancement. To avoid additional penalties and another round in jail or prison, you should contact an experienced Atlanta parole violations lawyer right away.
Atlanta criminal defense lawyer Judy Kim has spent years defending parole violators throughout Atlanta, and is committed to doing the same for you! Judy Kim is more than capable of handling your parole violations case, and will provide you with the legal resources and high-quality defense you need to overcome your charges. To set up a consultation with Judy Kim, please contact the office at (404) 839-2300. Judy Kim looks forward to serving your needs, and helping you avoid additional prosecution!